As I understand, with most Li-ion cells, the colder the cell, the less charge it will take on. Correct ? But what happens if a warm battery is charged and then cools off ? It still has all its kWh, right ? And further, the temperature of the battery does not affect how many kWh you can get *out* of it, though the rate may change a bit.

My 2011 Leaf has abysmal range at this point. I'm wondering if I were to charge during the warmest part of the day, would I get a bit more range ? I'm going to guess it won't make that much difference since the battery is in the shade (under the car) and won't warm up much over a few hours. But I'm still curious if the theory holds truth.

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>