Peri,

I'm no chemist but I do know that batteries just do not
perform well when cold and 20F is cold for a battery. That is why my 1994
Solectria came equipped with heaters in the battery boxes. It is true that
Nissan doesn't have a heater for the battery?

On Sun,
April 3, 2022 7:21 pm, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
> Well, then,
why is the range substantially less in cold weather ? The

charger nor the battery don't know the discharge rate while charging.

> I understand that charging needs to be slower. But how
does that affect
> capacity ?
>
> As a matter of
example, during 20F weather last december, I was getting
> 20
miles range on the Leaf at full charge. Yesterday, charging while

https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>