There are no card readers on them and they don’t need them. You register your
car and have a card on file. You just plug in … can’t be simpler than that.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, June 9, 2023, 4:53 PM, EV List Lackey via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

On 9 Jun 2023 at 8:04, Tom Keenan via EV wrote:

> I´m curious how Tesla will do billing for non-Tesla vehicles. Will the
> vehicle be identified by the charging station (as Teslas are at
> superchargers?) or will it be via app?

Dumb question, maybe, but assuming that the terminal is open to all EVs, why
do they need to identify vehicles at all?

If the user presents a valid credit card, or maybe an RFID card if you must,
then let him charge.  Credit cards work just fine for gasoline filling
stations.

What am I missing here?

> I also wonder if Tesla will disallow some vehicles (or certain models)
> from charging on the supercharger network if something were to occur,
> such as... a dispute with the other manufacturer?

Yeah, this. Musk scares me.  I can totally see him doing something like
this, even if it means losing revenue.

He seems to get weirder and more unpredictable by the day. Watching him
flush ~$30 billion in value while making Twitter into his own personal
playground was quite eye--opening.

I really wonder if he's starting to lose it, maybe partly from overwork.

There'll be adapters to CCS-charge those new NACS Fords and GMs - right?

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

    Those who would repeat the past must control the teaching
    of history.

                              -- Frank Herbert, "Dune"

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/