Thanks Phil for the informative reply.  Tesla's website/manual was useless!

I noticed near sunset, the sun hits the charge controller - heating it up
when operating, so I put a 5" round motor heatsink bolted to the side of the
house with the charge controller *inside* to keep it cool in the afternoon
when the sun strikes it.

Also put some "elephant snot" aka silicone rubber around the seal/emblem
where it may have sucked in some H20 when we had a "gully washer" rain.
It's under cover charging station (have 3 charging stations) but it was
pretty steamy when it rained in the low 90's.   It ran through a complete
charge cycle back at 32A (with the sun on it at 92F), yeah!  Trying the
simple solution first - before hacking it apart and re-doing the enclosure
with a muffin fan.

  I also put dielectric grease on the connector at the unit - and on the car
connectors.  While I was at it, did the Bolt and Leaf J1772 connectors as
well.

Have a renewable energy day,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson

184 Vista Lane

Fincastle, VA 24090

540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell

REEVA: community service RE & EV project club

Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)

UL Certified PV Installer

My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh

REEVA Demo:  <http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0> http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0

<https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/a88920376f864ecabaed843dd89
75b8d/signature> Fincastle Solar Weather Station