On 28 Oct 2023 at 18:10, Michael Ross via EV wrote:

> Europe and North America not comparable where fossil fuels are concerned.
> EU has none and we have an unlimited supply.

I'm not an expert on this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't say
Europe has none.  From what I've read, Norway may not pump as much as the
US, but it's still a significant petroleum and natural gas producer.

A few other EU countries, and the UK, contribute smaller amounts.

Nor do I think that it's quite fair to say that the US has an unlimited
fossil fuel supply.  No nation does.  The US acts like it does, though.

The sincerity is a bit suspect, but Western Europe at least makes concerned
noises about reducing carbon emissions.  They're trying.  New passenger
ICEVs are banned from 2035.  Already I see more EVs in this tiny rural
French town than I ever saw in the medium size Ohio cities around where I
lived.

Right now the US is tentatively making carbon-control noises, but their past
and their likely future direction is for them to pump it and burn it until
it's gone (and we are).

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Blockchain is an elaborate workaround for a very specific problem:
     verifying irreversible transfers of value without a centralized
     authority. In other words, it's a computationally burdensome way to
     hate the government.

                                                         -- Sarah Jeong

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/