As a Canadian, I can tell you that buying land in Canada ain't gonna cut it. In
relation to the size of our country, the bulk our currently arable land is
shockingly close to the US border and is rapidly looking to teeter on the edge
of viability.

Go a bit farther north and you run into something called the Canadian Shield:
rock, rock, and more rock, with swamp in the lowlands, lakes in the holes, and
trees hanging on for dear life where it's shocking that anything other than
lichen can exist.

North of that is tundra. It was once viable, arable land. Before the last ice
age. As fast as we're heating the planet, that tundra will still not be useful
for food production until centuries after the current farmland is useless for
agriculture as we know it.

The only real option is to fix what we've got before it's irrevocably broken.
--
Ron

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/