> On May 13, 2024, at 23:57, John Lussmyer via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>
> On 5/13/2024 8:25 PM, EV List Lackey via EV wrote:
>>> Tesla still seems to be selling all they can make.
>> Are you sure about that?
>> https://jalopnik.com/tesla-is-running-out-of-room-to-store-unsold-cars-
>> 1851473377
>
> Note what I said of "Days of Inventory".  The Legacy makers have LOTS of
> space to store cars.  It's called their Dealership network - and they get to
> count the cars as sold when they deliver them to the dealers.
>
> Tesla doesn't have thousands of parking lots available for storage.
> Go look it up.
> This one doesn't include Tesla, but the last time I saw one with Tesla, they
> were the far left column.
>
> https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/new-vehicle-inventory-january-2024/

Tesla's inventory at the end of the 1st quarter in 2024 was 28 days of supply.
While that is much less than the inventory at other OEMs, it is a big increase
over their typical 15 to 16 days of inventory.

https://digitalassets.tesla.com/tesla-contents/image/upload/IR/TSLA-Q1-2024-Update.pdf
TSLA-Q1-2024-Update
PDF Document · 7.5 MB

Kevin Horton