Kim,
you picked a side-remark, although an important one.
In the heat of the debates it seems healthy somtimes
to rake a breather and look at the topics with an oprn
and unbiased (strangers'? outsiders'?) eye to restore
some sanity lost to emotional discourse.
Otherwise it is easy to get carried away. I do it all
the time.

In all lack of 'sanity'

John Mikes