Bruno Marchal skrev:

> Le 28-nov.-07, à 09:56, Torgny Tholerus a écrit :
>
>     You only need models of cellular automata.  If you have a model
>     and rules for that model, then one event will follow after another
>     event, according to the rules.  And after that event will follow
>     another more event, and so on unlimited.  The events will follow
>     after eachother even if you will not have any implementation of
>     this model.  Any physics is not needed.  You don't need any
>     geometric properties.
>
>     In this model you may have a person called Torgny writing a
>     message on a google group, and that event may be followed by a
>     person called Marc writing a reply to this message.  And you don't
>     need any implementation of that model.
>

> OK. Do you agree now that the "real Torgny", by which I mean you from
> your first person point of view, cannot known if it belongs to a state
> generated by automata 345 or automata 6756, or automata 6756690003121,
> or automata 65656700234676611084899 , and so one ...
> Do you agree we have to take into account this first person
> indeterminacy when making a first person prediction?

I agree that the "real Torgny" belongs to exactly one of those automata,
but I don't know which one.  So I can not tell what will happen to the
"real Torgny" in the future.  I can not do any prediction.

If we call the automata that the "real Torgny" belongs to, for automata
X, then I can look at automata X from the outside, and I will then see
that all that the "real Torgny" will do in the future is completely
determined.  There is no indeterminacy in automata X.

--
Torgny