>> Hence by it generating all possible emulations of
>>stages of my life) that I could just as easily experience for my next
> >OM as opposed to the one i would expect to experience on the current
> >wetware (or whateverware I'm running on if we are in fact already
> >software constructs in a simulation).

>This is weird. From some "absolute", non machine accessible view
>point, you can expect anything. Perhaps.

Assuming that comp is true, then I am not sure why you think it is
weird.  Perhaps I have not explained myself very well.  First of all
please check that my understanding of computationalism is correct. By
comp I mean (loosly)that I am assuming that any conscious being can be
simulated on some form of computer.  Currently my consciousness is
running on the substrate provided by my brain (hardware).  If the
underlying reality is a much more fundamental (unknown) substrate then
fine because this shouldn’t invalidate what I’m saying.  Now If I want
to be teleported from Brussels  to Moskow then sufficient information
must be coded for my reconstitution later on. This may or may not be
possible because it may turn out that the accessing of my final state
in Brussels  destroys my brain before the detailed brain state was
properly copied.  Worse still, suppose someone loses whatever coded
data they did have of me such that the reconstitution becomes
impossible.  What I am trying to say is that if comp is true then at
least I can be confident that some consistent extension of me could
exist in the future provided the robust physical universe you speak of
exists such that a suitable UD can actually be built.  Once built then
there would exist at least one consistent extension of me (including
the milky way if this  level of entanglement is to be necessary to
adequately ensure this is the most probable next state of my
consciousness) in the UD which will enable me to experience my next
Observer Moment (after the last one in Brussells).

>But from your current "here and now" experience, you have to expect
>the most probable relative computation(s) (among all generated in the
>UD going through your current state. You have to take into account the
>first person indeterminacy intrinsic to the UD (or elementary
>arithmetic, combinators, etc.).

As pointed out above, somewhere in the UD there WILL be a possible
world (Obs moment) which will best provide the consistent extension
which will give me a sense of continuity with myself at Brussels – but
it will be a long way into the future.  This is like your delay
scenario in the SANE paper.

>That is why, if you prefer to use the simpler (and very well verified)
>quantum theory, the honest mechanist has to justify it from elementary
>arithmetic as seen from the lobian (self-aware in the Gödel-Löb-
>Smullyan sense).
>The needed mathematical restriction on the ideal self-referential
>correct universal machine, makes it possible to see the shadows of the
>reason of the "negative probabilities (amplitude).

Hmmm.  I’m really sorry but I’m not understanding this.

>We have to justify the stable appearance of the current wetware (or
>whateverware) from our being software constructs (numbers, relative
>variable numbers) executed (in the math sense) by infinitely many
>universal machines.
>In a sense, below our substitution level, all universal machines
>compete.

Yes I think I understand this bit because you are saying that that
there may be (infinitely) many UD’s (already existing for all we
know)?

>Bruno

I’ll wait for a response before I bring up a complication which is a
spanner in the works which probably you have already pre empted as
indicated by your last sentence.

I am very grateful for your comments.  Forgive me if I am not quick at
picking things up but I have swopped fields to some extent and I am
finding this area fascinating but difficult!