Dear Brent,

-----Original Message-----
From: meekerdb
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 1:40 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: On the Sequencing of Observer Moments

--

    It could be that Stathis' theory is using the notion of atomicity that is
used in logics relating to formulas. It relates to the original Greek notion of

    I am sanguine toward this idea as it would apply to OMs in the sense of
inducing the stratifications that we see in terms of Bruno’s “substitution
level” for a wider notion of machines – not just humans - and Russell’s idea
that an OM has a minimum quantity of chance involved, like a result of constant
of action of sorts. The Yes Doctor thesis of digital substitution would apply
to planetary and even galactic sized sentient entities if it applies to amoeba
and humans! (I only worry that Bruno is too easily dismissing the implications
of quantum entanglement and the canonical conjugacy of observables.)

    Complete atomic Boolean algebras are part of these explorations. For
instance see:
http://planetmath.org/encyclopedia/RepresentingACompleteAtomicBooleanAlgebraByPowerSet.html
 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boolean_algebras_canonically_defined . I am
interested in more general logics (where the truth values can range over the
complex numbers instead of just those that have binary ({0,1} valuations) and
their topological Stone duals and considerations of if and how they can be
considered as dynamic (instead of just static a priori given structures). Thus
my questions about how OMs are sequenced. It is part of the idea that I am
exploring using the Stone duality  (similar to line discussed here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_sets ) to rehabilitate Cartesian dualism
as first proposed by Vaughan Pratt since it has become obvious to me that
monist ontologies have severe problems.

    It could be that considerations of OMs as defined in terms of equivalence
classes of computational sequences or as atomic formulas or algebras are
consistent with each other, just different semantical methods of addressing the
same idea. We run into difficulties in these discussion because we can easily
mix metaphors when translating between technical discussions of the formal
mathematics and our personal folk theologies about our experiences and
interpretations of the mathematics. I am often guilty of this metaphor mixing
and appreciate error correction when needed. ;-)

Onward!

Stephen