On 18.07.2011 14:21 ronaldheld said the following:
Bruno:
    I do not know LISP. Any UD code written in Fortran?
                     Ronald

Very good book to learn LISP is

http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html

Just click Next page, read and so on. By the way, List is much nicer than Fortran. I have learned Lisp after Fortran - C - C++ and I should say that I love Lisp (well, I prefer Mathematica - it is a Lisp with a human face). Yet, the real programmer must start with Lisp. If she will be scared by too many brackets, for example

(define (fast-expt b n)
  (cond ((= n 0) 1)
        ((even? n) (square (fast-expt b (/ n 2))))
        (else (* b (fast-expt b (- n 1))))))

then she should forget about programming.

Evgenii
http://blog.rudnyi.ru