On 9/15/2011 12:01 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
Let me repeat your statement: "We just don't know any phenomena which are not Turing emulable." I am not sure that it is so evident. As I have written, the simulation hypothesis just does not work in practice. Hence your statement cannot be deduced just from empirical studies, it is already based on some beliefs.

Let me quote for example Laughlin (A Different Universe, The Emergent Age)

"The transition to the Age of Emergence brings to an end the myth of the absolute power of mathematics. This myth is still entrenched in our culture, unfortunately, a fact revealed routinely in the press and popular publications promoting the search for ultimate laws as the only scientific activity worth pursuing, notwithstanding massive and overwhelming experimental evidence that exactly the opposite is the case."

Evgenii

"Mathematics is part of physics. Physics is an experimental science, a part of natural science. Mathematics is the part of physics where experiments are cheap."
    --- Vladimir Arnold.