On 1/6/2012 12:07 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 1/6/2012 11:26 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 1/6/2012 8:54 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 06.01.2012 17:08 John Clark said the following:
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:

This statement contradict to a normal scientific world view but
it is based on historical facts. Hence it well might be that
you have to read more about Galileo.

As for Feyerabend
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Feyerabend)

"Feyerabend became famous for his purportedly anarchistic view
of science and his rejection of the existence of universal
methodological rules.[1] He is an influential figure in the
philosophy of science, and also in the sociology of scientific
knowledge."

His book Against method has been cited more than 6000 times
according to Google Scholar

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Feyerabend

This does not mean that everybody has to agree with him but a
statement about an idiot looks exaggerated.

I'm sure Leviticus has been cited even more times.

Just run Google Scholar

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Leviticus

and you see that Leviticus looses to Feyerabend. As you have
mentioned previously we should rely "on empirical evidence, not
ratiocination".

Evgenii

Brent "The philosophy of science is just about as useful to
scientists as ornithology is to birds." --- Steven Weinberg

Using your URL, my result is Leviticus 49000 Feyerabend 32500. And
that's just on the internet. Leviticus was cited some before the
internet.

Brent

I do not know, I cannot exclude that German authorities have some censorship in Internet (or Google censors its content to Germany) but when I run Google scholar

http://scholar.google.com/

and then search there Leviticus, on the first page the maximum count that I
observe

[ZITATION] Leviticus: a book of ritual and ethics: a continental commentary[HTML] von interpretation.orgJ Milgrom - 2004 - Fortress Pr
Zitiert durch: 311

For Feyerabend on the other hand, I observe

[BUCH] Against method
P. Feyerabend
Zitiert durch: 6338

Evgenii

Whatever the numbers I'm sure you take my point that the number of citations has very little to do with the correctness or importance of an author. Nobody cites Isaac Newton in physics papers anymore.