On 9 March 2012 18:47, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No the other one would not flinch, but then their environments were
> different, something happened to one and not the other so they are no longer
> identical and have diverged.

We appear to have been at cross-purposes.  Let us return to the
original scenario.  Someone is copied and annihilated at H and
reconstituted at W and M (i.e. two different environments).  Let's
also say, for the sake of clarity, that it is known in advance that on
arrival a pin will be stuck in the copy at W, and a cup of tea handed
to the copy at M.  Now consider this in terms of "the 1-view from its
own perspective": two mutually-exclusive experiences - i.e. a nasty
jab at W and a refreshing drink at M.  In both cases there will be a
memory of originating at H and being unsure of being abused or
refreshed on arrival.  In neither case will there be any remaining
doubt about the upshot.  Any problem with this?

David