On 5/9/2012 2:30 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

2012/5/9 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>>

    On 5/8/2012 4:24 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
    On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:52 AM, John Mikes<jami...@gmail.com>
<mailto:jami...@gmail.com>  wrote:
    Stathis: what's your definition? - JM

    On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Stathis Papaioannou<stath...@gmail.com>
<mailto:stath...@gmail.com>
    wrote:
    On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>
<mailto:use...@rudnyi.ru>  wrote:
    I have started listening to Beginning of Infinity and joined the
    discussion
    list for the book. Right now there is a discussion there

    Free will in MWI
    http://groups.google.com/group/beginning-of-infinity/t/b172f0e03d68bcc6

    I am at the beginning of the book and I do not know for sure, but from
    the
    answers to this discussion it seems that according to David Deutsch one
    can
    find free will in MWI.
    One can find or not find free will anywhere depending on how one
    defines it. That is the entire issue with free will.
    My definition: free will is when you're not sure you're going to do
    something until you've done it.

    So if carefully weigh my options and decide on one it's not free will?  I'd
say free
    will is making any choice that is not coerced by another agent.

    Brent

It's compatible with what Stathis said... unti you've made the actual choise, you didn't do it and didn't know what it will be... "the do something of Stathis can be you're not sure what you'll choose until you've chosen it."

Are you saying that one *never* knows what they are going to do until they do it...which then by Stathis defintion means that every action is free will and coercion is impossible?