On 6/30/2012 9:56 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 6/30/2012 5:38 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 6/30/2012 7:35 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 6/30/2012 2:52 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
It seems to me that with functionalism a human identity cannot necessarily be different from a any sufficiently complex functional interaction. Something like a war, for instance involves lots of dynamic i/o, 'processing', etc.

My question then is: Can you teleport the American Civil War to the Moon? Can you move Gettysburg to Moscow?

We could send Craig there.

Brent

Hi Brent,

The copy and paste idea of teleportation tacitly requires an entire entity and not a system that is just the interactions of many entities. We can copy wholes, not parts, and preserve invariant their identities.

Craig wasn't even talking about duplication; so we can 'teleport' him there by commercial airliner.

Brent
-

Brent,

You are not even trying to understand what Craig is talking/writing about. Please don't pretend otherwise.

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon