On Mon, Jul 2, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote

 >> silly assumptions like there can be only one Bruno Marchal
>>

> > That is not a silly assumptions. It is a consequence of
> computationalism.

So you've proved that if  "computationalism" is true then there can be only
one Bruno Marchal, but for the proof to work you've got to start with the
assumption that there can be only one Bruno Marchal. Seems like a lot of
wasted effort to me.

> After the duplication and differentiation, there is only one Bruno
> Marchal from the points of view of all Bruno Marchal.

And assuming they are logical all the Bruno Marchals would agree with each
other on that point, and I the third party observer agree too.

> You don't give a prediction. You gave two predictions.

And that's twice as good if both predictions turn out to be true, and they
do.

> If "1) + 2)" means "1) AND 2)": both will know the prediction was wrong.

How on earth will they know it was wrong when every word that was predicted
to be written in those diaries was in fact written? It's interesting,
you're the one who introduced the idea of the people in the experiment
using diaries so it could be a real scientific experiment, but now you
don't like that idea.

>> You, Bruno Marchal,  are now in Washington and you write in your diary
>> "I Bruno Marchal am now in Washington and only Washington".
>>

> > Yes. And I know I am not the one in Moscow.

For God's sake, you know you're not the one in Moscow because you're not
the one in Moscow!  X is not Y because if it were Y would be X; Where is
the cosmic significance in that?

> 1) "I find myself in Washington, and realize that I could not have
> predicted that particular outcome,

And yet by looking in the diary that you had written you find rock solid
proof that you DID predict that outcome. Maybe you made other predictions
too, one about some fellow in Moscow, and maybe you made a prediction about
the rain probability in Duluth Minnesota too,  but all that's irrelevant,
it doesn't effect you because you're in Washington.

> > 2) "I find myself in Moscow, and realize that I could not have predicted
> that particular outcome,

And yet by looking in the diary that you had written you find rock solid
proof that you DID predict that outcome. Maybe you made other predictions
too, one about some fellow in Washington, and maybe you made a prediction
about the rain probability in Duluth Minnesota too,  but all that's
irrelevant, it doesn't effect you because you're in Moscow.

> you keep describing the 3-view on the 1-views, instead of listening to
> each reconstituted person

I am listening to them, and introducing the diaries into this was your idea
not mine.

  John K Clark