On 02/07/2012, at 2:15 AM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, after the copying Bruno Washington and Bruno Moscow will both look at
> their identical diary entries and both will conclude "I was right". And you,
> the third party outside observer, will look at the behavior of both Bruno
> Washington and Bruno Moscow and you will agree with the first person
> perspective of both of them that the accuracy of their predictions was indeed
> perfect. There will be no indeterminacy and no confusion between "1-pov" and
> "3-pov" and everybody will agree on what has occurred, unless of course
> somebody makes the illogical assumption that there can be only one Bruno
> Marchal.

It may be illogical but it's the way we think. The 3-pov is the way things
actually are, from a god's eye perspective, and the 1-pov is the way things
seem to an observer embedded in the experiment. That the observer knows the
objective truth does not change the way he feels about it.

-- Stathis Papaioannou