From: John Mikes
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-17, 16:10:53
Subject: Re: Dasein

Bruno,
I admire your perseverence and also of others keeping pace of Roger's
incredible flood of posts. I confess to have fallen out if not by other
reasons: lack of time to read (not to mention: comprehend) all that 'wisdom' he
includes into this list over the past week or so.
?
One remark - and I am not so sure about being right: "DASEIN" in my (almost
mothertongue German)?ay not reflect the "DA" = there plus "SEIN" to be, rather
(- and again I hide behind my second 'almost' of half century in the US:)? - -
?"THE EXISTENCE".
?
I feel Heidegger (whom I did not study) does not imply a spacial, or locational
momentum by using 'Dasein' for a simple 'Sein'. He might have in mind the
difference between the ?xisting?s. the not existing. It also has a rythmical
ease vs. a short 'sein' what the English put by the 'to' and the French in a
longer 1.5-syllable(?) <e">tre.
?
JohnM

?