On 8/16/2012 8:34 AM, William R. Buckley wrote:

I used the term **omniscience** in a rather general way, as a substitute for the term **universal**

though it should be said that the purpose was to serve as adjective to the term **computational**

rather than the other way around, as might be expected when the phrase is given in the form of

**computational omniscience**. I like to play with language, and English has a rather free form.

Omniscience has a sense of universality to it, and it is not solely connected to deity; there is also

notion of realm, and mathematics is such. Hence, omniscience over computation (computational

omniscience) represents not so much all knowing as all computable, and remember, all that is

computable is so computable upon Turing machine as it might be anywhere else.

The Turing machine, simply by its construction, computes in this universal fashion, and no other

means of computing provides answers beyond those provided by Turing machine.
Hence, the

Turing machine is not only universally competent as a computer, it also is
computationally

omniscient.

I should think that would be called "computational omnipotence".