On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Stathis,
>
> Yes you've got it. It's worth mentioning that Turing did not intend his test
> to imply that machines could think, only that the closest we could come
> would be to construct machines that would be good at playing 'The Imitation
> Game'

That's you're view, but it leads to impasse. It's like claiming that
other people aren't really conscious even though they behave as if
they're conscious. Behaviour isn't enough, you have to actually be the
entity to know *for certain* that it is conscious. Furthermore, you
could claim that not only is the entity not conscious, it isn't
intelligent, since it'sa intelligent-like behaviour could be a fluke.

--
Stathis Papaioannou