From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-07, 10:13:34
Subject: Re: Why a bacterium has more intelligence than a computer

On 9/7/2012 8:26 AM, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Stephen P. King

I think of the brain as a running sensor of the static platonic world.
Sort of like looking out of the car window as you speed along.

Hi Roger,

    How would this be different, from the point of view of the driver, if it is
the Car that is standing still and Platoville is being continuously created
around it? There is no detectable difference *unless* there are second order
changes. An example of the latter is the feeling you have when you press the
gas pedal hard and release the break pedal, Or release the gas pedal and press
the break pedal hard.
    Platonia (or COsmic Intelligence) does not consider any kind of change
within it, not even zeroth order, thus cannot be considered as an irreducible
source of all things. It is a nice metaphor that simply should never be taken
literally unless doing so will never emit or imply a contradiction.

--
Onward!

Stephen