From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-10-12, 11:55:31
Subject: Re: more firewalls

On 12 Oct 2012, at 16:30, Richard Ruquist wrote:

Wiki: "In philosophy of mind, dualism is the assumption that mental
phenomena are, in some respects, non-physical,[1] or that the mind and
body are not identical.[2] Thus, it encompasses a set of views about
the relationship between mind and matter, and is contrasted with other
positions, such as physicalism, in the mind?ody problem.[1][2]"

Bruno,
It seems that your comp negates both substance dualism
(ie., that the mind is composed of a non-physical substance)
and now physicalism..
What is left?

Arithmetical dreams. Some can cohere enough to generate, from the machines' or
numbers' point of view, persistant sharable video games.

It is a form or mathematicalism, or arithmeticalism, with an unavoidable zest
of "theologicalism" separating truth from proof.

I am not sure that is true, but I give argument that it is testable. Also, I
derive it from the assumption that there is a level where my body/brain is
Turing emulable. So I don't propose a new theory: it is a proposition derived
in a very old theory.

If you are correct on the BEC, then comp will force to extract BEC from
computer science and/or arithmetic. They have to win some measure battle on the
set of all computations, to be short.

Nothing disappears, but some things get a new epistemological status, as
belonging to numbers dreams. It makes eventually physics more solid, as it
become a necessary view of arithmetic as seen from inside.

Bruno