Hi socra...@bezeqint.net

Feymann has passed on. He was the one who said that
if you think you understand QM, you don't.  Others have said similar.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_formulations_of_quantum_mechanics

"The mathematical formulations of quantum mechanics are those mathematical
formalisms that
permit a rigorous description of quantum mechanics. Such are distinguished from
mathematical formalisms
for theories developed prior to the early 1900s by the use of abstract
mathematical structures, such as
infinite-dimensional Hilbert spaces and operators on these spaces. Many of
these structures are drawn from
functional analysis, a research area within pure mathematics that was
influenced in part by the needs of quantum mechanics.
In brief, values of physical observables such as energy and momentum were no
longer considered as values of
functions on phase space, but as eigenvalues; more precisely: as spectral
values (point spectrum plus absolute
continuous plus singular continuous spectrum) of linear operators in Hilbert
space.[1]"

I am not able to understand that.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
1/16/2013