On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi Alberto G. Corona
>

> I'll leave QM up to the physicists. As for myself,
> I'm trying to understand the status of being of quanta.

Quanta are particles like the electron or photon.

> Let us assume that every atom be a physical body
> and its quantum [field] the corresponding mental or
> nonphysical representation. Then the quanta are monads.

Yes. Monads are particles.

> But monads of a specific type. Ordinary corporeal bodies have
> simultaneously existing [composite] monads,

When Roger speaks of monads he usually means Leibniz composite monads

>but the situation regarding
> atoms is contingent.  Either the atom is physical
> or it is monadic, but not both at the same time.

I get the picture.
Both physical Particles and Monads
Came(simultaneously) from the Big Bang,.
in a Mind/Body Duality,
Mathematically Connected according to Pratt.
I conjecture the duality to be BEC connected as well..

> Obviously there is some mechanism of a contingent
> type that causes the quantum wave to collapse.
> This could be a collision of the wave with an object,
> or some random interference. But it does not require
> the creation of a complete universe, which would
> be unecessary as the situation is complete in itself.

I conjecture that the quantum mind is instantaneous.
If so, then all mathematical future possible quantum states
are known just like in MWI except in the quantum mind.

>From our perspective all the possibilities
are like so many possible thoughts
as thoughts are seemingly instant.

Information from OBE studies appear to support this claim.

> [Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
> 1/16/2013
> "Forever is a long time, especially near the end." - Woody Allen
> From: Alberto G. Corona
> Receiver: everything-list
> Time: 2013-01-16, 09:30:24
> Subject: Re: Re: the curse of materialism
>

> This is the best ? introduction to quantum mechanics:
>

> https://www.google.es/search?q=susskind+quantum+mechanics&aq=f&oq=susskind+quantum+mechanics&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3.11316&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>

> disclaimer: I have not seen it. but I saw some other lectures of this series
> "the theoretical minimum" ?rom Leonard Susskind and they are awersome.
>

> The laws of physics are experimental, and experimental is a form of ad hoc.
> The Schrodinger equation was made ad hoc to match the experimental results.
> In the same way, ?elativity: so Michelson did not found any anisotropy in the
> speed of light? let's make c constant, an see what happens in the equations".
>
> So they lack interpretation. the interpretation is post hoc. But if we have
> not a innate intuition of concepts that can help, there is no possible
> understanding of them. ?he newtonian laws can be "understood" because our
> innate notion of phisics is aristotelian, ?nd includes ?he fundamental
> elements: euclidean 3D geometry, bodies, forces etc. But ?uantum mechanics
> and relativity can only be -partially- understood intuitively by making
> partial analogies with innate objects of our intuition.?

I think we should approach interpretation from the notions of
completeness and incompleteness. Quantum physics is incomplete and
therefore requires interpretation. The interpretation being an
addition of the essential ingredient that completes the physics.

Quantum collapse is such a completion but lacks physical theory.

Multiverse creation is another such completion that is Occam superior
 and apparently valid on the basis of arithmetic computation theory..

My favorite set of completians are time removal and instantaneous
mind/body duality within Feynmanian mechanics.

> 2013/1/16 Roger Clough
>
> Hi socra...@bezeqint.net
>
> Feymann has passed on. He was the one who said that
> if you think you understand QM, you don't. ?thers have said similar.
>
> Here's what Wikipedia has to say:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_formulations_of_quantum_mechanics
>
> "The mathematical formulations of quantum mechanics are those mathematical
> formalisms that
> permit a rigorous description of quantum mechanics. Such are distinguished
> from mathematical formalisms
> for theories developed prior to the early 1900s by the use of abstract
> mathematical structures, such as
> infinite-dimensional Hilbert spaces and operators on these spaces. Many of
> these structures are drawn from
> functional analysis, a research area within pure mathematics that was
> influenced in part by the needs of quantum mechanics.
> In brief, values of physical observables such as energy and momentum were no
> longer considered as values of
> functions on phase space, but as eigenvalues; more precisely: as spectral
> values (point spectrum plus absolute
> continuous plus singular continuous spectrum) of linear operators in Hilbert
> space.[1]"
>
> I am not able to understand that.

The Quantum Mind is a Hilbert space