On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:58:03 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

>  Hi John Clark
>
> From his hostile postings, Craig seems to have been very
> very badly hurt by the Christian Church sometime in the past.

Haha, not at all. Some of my best memories in high school were of drinking
beers and smoking cloves with the lovely and exciting girls from my
friend's church group. I think cathedrals are wonderful. Church services
bore me but not as much as synagogue services - wow, if you want to have a
monotonous meaningless experience try sitting through a three hour
monologue in Hebrew.

I just think that the idea of an anthropomorphic God is an unfortunate and
seductive mistake. If I sound hostile, it is because of the tremendous
damage that this concept can do to people's lives. I am hostile toward
crystal meth too. I love the idea of recreational drugs, but I have known
too many exceptional people who have seen the course of their lives
derailed by crystal.

Craig