Craig,

What UV looks like will depend on how it is transduced into the nervous
system. I could add a new opsin into your blue cones and it would appear to
be a shade of blue. Or, I could achieve the transduction in such a way that
UV doesn't confuse with blue. In which case UV will look different from
other colors *in way you cannot describe because you don't have access to
how you condition your behavior based of the intensity of UV light. *

I've told you in a rudimentary form what is required to build a system that
has drives and motivations, from parts that are inanimate. Nature has
constructed such a device using 302 neurons. It learns, and it has
motivations. Is your argument here that if we model the nematode
deterministically, its ability to learn and its biological drives will
vanish like smoke? Because if so, I'd bet good money that you're wrong.
Drives are traceable to electrochemical gradients "trying" to resolve
themselves, driven by thermodynamic laws. Logic is how the pipes are
connected up, desire is the water pump.

Furthermore, deterministic does not equal logical. There is no logic behind
why opposites attract, even though this logically leads to like dissolving
like. Whatever axioms there are in this universe, they are not logically
justified.