Telmo:

I donĀ“t know if that process of emergence of levels is the sole effect of a
darwinian process. We can't know it. what is clear is that Darwinism has a
explanation for it. And this applies too to the social level.

http://www.cogsci.msu.edu/DSS/2006-2007/Wilson/Rethinking_July_20.pdf

However a darwinian process is a natural process. In a block universe,
there is no such darwinian process (because there is no process of any kind
at all). Simply some paths in the block universe maintain the entropy
constant against the surroundings. These paths are living beings along
their lines of time.

Usually the computational models, like any other programs are predictable:
they work with your assumptions and produce the results that you expect.
real evolution is pervasive . It does not work with limited assumptions and
resources and levels.

This paper is very interesting. How the evolutionary pressures make stable
or unstable the aggregation of individuals to create higher level
individuals and what are the mechanisms of cohesion:

http://web.pdx.edu/~jeff/group_sel_workshop/michod_roze.pdf

Alberto.