On Sun, Sep 15, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> As long as you suggest that there are things "made of" things, you are
> staying in the Aristotelian frame. Other can suggest that there are no such
> things at all, just natural numbers relative computations,

So you are suggesting that a thing like broken glass is made of numbers,
fine, and who knows it might even be true, but don't tell me there is no
such thing as a thing, that's just more gibberish.

>> By "machine" I assume you mean a deterministic process.
>>

> > A machine is not a process,

Make up your mind! First you say everything is the process of "natural
numbers" in "relative computations" and then you say "digital machines,
which are defined in term of number relations" are an exception to this
because what they do "is not a process". The sum of number relations is not
a process?? None of this makes any sense to me.

  John K Clark