On 10/2/2013 2:06 PM, John Mikes wrote:

Brent:
*/"/*/But no matter how smart I make it, it won't experience lust."/
/
/
1. "lust" is not the universal criterion that makes us human, it is only one of our humanly circumscribed paraphernalia we apply in HUMAN thinking and HUMAN complexity with HUMAN language.

I don't think so. I think it's a qualia experienced by sexually reproducing species. My dog seems to experience it when in the presence of a receptive female.

But of course I picked lust, just because it's not something a robot, that doesn't reproduce sexually, and might not reproduce at all, would need to have.

Can you apply a similar criterion for the robot in 'it's' characteristics?

I think that the robot could feel some qualia analogous to humans, e.g. frustration, fear, too cold, too hot, tired,...

2. A N D if _YOU _ cannot make it 'smarter', is that a general statement?

?? I didn't state that I cannot make it smarter.

Brent

John M