On Wed, Oct 2, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> The origin of the indeterminacies is the random use of personal pronouns
>> with no clear referents by Bruno Marchal such that all questions like "what
>> is the probability "I" will do this or that?" become meaningless.
>>

>  > ?

Which word didn't you understand?

> We need no more "personal identity" notion than we need to say I will
> survive with an artficial brain

The origin of the indeterminacies is the random use of personal pronouns
with no clear referents by Bruno Marchal such that all questions like "what
is the probability "I" will do this or that?" become meaningless. Bruno
Marchal is simply addicted to personal pronouns because it would be obvious
to all that Bruno Marchal's ideas are held together with only spit and
scotch tape without the logically inconsistent use of them.

> You try to evade the indeterminacy by making it into an ambiguity,

Personal pronouns with no referent are the cause of the ambiguity, and
although it results in clunky prose John Clark can explain John Clark's
ideas without using them, Bruno Marchal can not explain Bruno Marchal's
ideas without the liberal use of such pronouns.

> >> All that can be said is that from ANY point of view there is a 100%
>> chance the Helsinki man will turn into the Washington man, and a 100%
>> chance  the Helsinki man will turn into the Moscow man; so if "I" is the
>> Helsinki man then there is a 0% chance "I" will see either city because
>> very soon "I" will turn into something that is not "I".
>>

> > That contradicts many posts you sent.

BULLSHIT!

> In particular, this would mean that duplication entails death,

BULLSHIT! As you said yourself "as you said yourself, we need only the fact
that those remembering having been the guy in Helsinki"; and in this case
both the Washington Man and the Moscow Man remember being the Helsinki Man
so the Helsinki Man is not dead. True, the first person point of view of
the Helsinki man no longer exists because nobody is in Helsinki anymore,
but that is of no more interest than the fact that the first person point
of view that Bruno Marchal had yesterday no longer exists. And that is why
all this Pov and pee pee stuff is crap.

>> Huh? Uncertainty about what?
>>

> > Uncertainty in Helsinki about which city you

You? Bruno Marchal just can't wean Bruno Marchal off the use of personal
pronouns even though it causes ambiguity when duplicating chambers are
involved; John Clark believes the reason for this is because without
ambiguity Bruno Marchal's ideas are obvious nonsense. And although Bruno
Marchal says that John Clark is confused between the various types of pee
pee, John Clark believes that John Clark knows the difference between pee
and crap.

> > will see

And John Clark thought John Clark and Bruno Marchal were talking about life
and death and the nature of personal identity. People have known since the
stone age that people could seldom make good predictions about what people
would see next, but good prediction or bad prediction people always felt
like the same people.

  John K Clark