On 13 Oct 2013, at 17:35, Richard Ruquist wrote:

Bruno,

Even in my Metaverse String cosmology I can understand how from the beginning of the Metaverse how its machine can generate all Lobian numbers including arithmetic humans and aliens long before our universe exists and evolves conscious physical beings. What I do not understand is why those physical beings are needed.

They are not needed in the assumptions or axioms. They are "needed" because the löbian numbers cannot avoid them, and this should be understood through the whole UDA. Then the math confirms this in some way.

You say they are needed as much a a particular number is needed. But that I do not understand. Particular numbers I presume are included in all the Lobian numbers. so why are physical beings needed?

I assume the natural numbers, and elementary arithmetic. I do have the axioms:

0 ≠ s(x)
s(x) = s(y) -> x = y
x+0 = x
x+s(y) = s(x+y)
x*0=0
x*s(y)=(x*y)+x

In that theory I can prove the existence of the Löbian numbers, which basically will be the numbers coding the belief in classical logic + the axioms:

0 ≠ s(x)
s(x) = s(y) -> x = y
x+0 = x
x+s(y) = s(x+y)
x*0=0
x*s(y)=(x*y)+x
(F(0) & Ax(F(x) -> F(s(x))) -> AxF(x) for each F, arithmetical formula.

And those are the numbers that I will interview about their "persistent physical hallucinations".

I call those number Löbian because they are characterized by Löb's formula: []([]p -> p) -> []p, with "[]" denoting their arithmetical provability predicate.

It seems to me, especially in view of MWI,

Keep in mind that UDA forces us to abandon all physical assumptions, so we can't assume QM, nor time, space, energy, etc. Those are emergent pattern in the mind of the average Löbian numbers.

that the machine generates everything to begin with including the passage of time. But you seem to claim that physical beings are needed to generate all Lobian numbers.

There are no physical beings at all in the ontology (which contains only 0, s(0), ...). Physical beings are mental pattern in the mind of those numbers. It *is* a form of idealism, but it is objective idealism, as the physical reality will be a common and sharable pattern in the objective mind of all Löbian numbers.

That I do not understand at all.

The TOE is elementary arithmetic (or Turing equivalent). The "observable" are recovered from sharable persistent hallucinations. It is an inside view by the machines/numbers.

Bruno

Richard