2013/11/11 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

>  On 11/11/2013 1:47 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>
>  Sure, but if I live infinitely long I will have almost all my
>> experiences older than 75.  So when I note that I'm not that old and that
>> seems improbable,
>>

>  The thing is as I said is that you have to be *first* 75 before being
> older... you're talking like every moment of your life was chosen
> randomly... they aren't (at least for me) before today, it was yesterday,
> not a random moment, and tomorrow will be tomorrow not a random moment in
> my life. Using your argument I should never have been a child.
>

> No, I'm just saying that sampling your life at random

Your life is not sampled at random, you have to be one year old before
being 75; before being 1000 before being 10¹⁰.

> I'm less likely to find you

You find you every day, according to you, every day should not happen, only
being 10¹⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰ is likely, it's just non-sense,
your life is not random sampled, yesterday happen before today and before
tomorrow. That doesn't make today less likely than tomorrow.

> being less than a year old than being less than a thousand years old.
>
> If my life is infinite, then it seems surprising that I find myself less
> than 75yrs old.

It's not, because it is mandatory that in that long lifespan you find
yourself 75. You cannot be very old before having been less old. Your life
is sequential and that sequence cannot be avoided, even if you'll live an
infinity of time.

> I don't think this is a very strong argument, since it would apply no
> matter what age I found myself to be.

Exactly, it's just ASSA is non-sensical.

>  But it seems curious that I find it to be true of everyone around me
> also.  As though we all started more or less together.  So we weren't past
> eternal either.

I don't see how QI imples past eternality, it's not mandatory that infinity
goes both way, things can have a start without an end.

Quentin