Hi Jason,

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Stephen Paul King <
> stephe...@provensecure.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>>   I would like to know the definition of "reality" that you are using
>> here.
>>

> Reality I normally define as "that which exists".

How is it that you can have knowledge of "what which exists"? Is your mind
somehow a map of "all that exists"? Even if it was, the set of
computations that is your mind is some measure zero subset. So how is it
that your claim stands? That which exists cannot be contingent, just as the
primeness of 17 is not contingent. Right?

>> Here is mine: *That which is incontrovertible for some collection of
>> observers that can communicate*.
>>

> So if there was a lone being in a universe would that being not have a
> reality?  Is there no reality for deaf, illiterate, mutes?

A lone being in a universe has, by definition, no one to communicate with
thus has no constraints on its state of being. What is it? Everything. By
definition. My definition does not have this problem.

>> This definition requires interactions and thus requires some form of
>> primitive becoming. Platonia does not change. Explain why there is an
>> appearance of change that does not involve some reference to the natural
>> ordering of the integers. Please.
>>

> It's not the natural ordering of the integers, but the natural ordering of
> each step in the states of a computation.  Though, even this does not
> necessarily guarantee a "time-like" experience.  To experience time as we
> do requires some memory and comparison between different states, and
> perhaps some ignorance of future states.

What? What is the difference? How many ways are there to obtain a natural
ordering of " each step in the states of a computation"? What is doing the
mapping from that particular computation to the Integers? Is it the
integers? How? This is not an answer to my question. What determines the
measure of change if change does not exist? If everything is "in
Platonia" there is no change at all, and neither is any measure of what
does not exist. Platonia has a Problem, Huston.

>> Once we allow for Godel numbers, how can we still claim to use the
>> natural order of the integers?
>>

> I wasn't using this.

So what distinguishes one program from another?

>> We have already shown that a random sequence of numbers is a computation.
>>

> When?

When we considered that the string that 'is' a computation can be
encrypted by a one time pad or a randomly chosen godel numbering scheme.
There is no unique universal Godel numbering!

>>  Where do we find a "random sequence" in the naturally ordered string of
>> Integers?
>>

> It is not clear to me what you are asking.

Does there exist a random string in the sequence of integers?

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher

Mobile: (864) 567-3099