On 14 Jan 2014, at 18:53, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

Liz,

See my response to Brent on consciousness of an hour ago. It answers this question...

Actually to answer your question properly you have to define 'person', what you mean by an 'AI' and what you mean by a 'simulation'.

All those terms can be defined from comp, + and *. See the papers in my URL. (or ask).

Bruno

In the details of those definitions will be your answer... It's arbitrary and ill formed as asked....

Edgar