John,

A couple of points in response.

Yes, I agree that both A and B see each other's clocks running slower than
their own DURING the trip. This is standard relativity theory mostly
Lorentz transform if we just take non-accelerated relative motion. Also
note that, contrary to your statement, in this case both A and B DO AGREE
on "when the race starts and stops" because they both begin and end at the
same present moment point in actual spacetime back on earth.

I know that, and presumably we agree on it, but that was NOT the question I
asked. The question is why when A gets to the center of the galaxy and
stops relative to B that then his clock shows only 20 years passage, but
B's clock shows 30,000+?

Perhaps you didn't see my similar questions to Brent, to which he has
either been unwilling or unable to reply, about this case.

He says it's a matter of geometry, but neglects to point out that geometry
must have its origin at B's earth bound frame. The question is why this
geometry rather than the equal and opposite frame based in A's origin
creates not only the transitory effect you reference above but also a real
permanent effect. It seems we have to choose the correct geometry but what
is the criterion for the correct geometry? It almost seems as if there must
be some absolute real geometry centered at B's origin on the earth for this
to work.

Your analysis?

Edgar