Liz, Liz, Liz!

OK, now you ADMIT that neither Newton or Einstein believed in block time.
Thanks!

Your claim that their theories imply (thanks for using the soft imply
rather than prove) block time is just your erroneous interpretation in an
attempt to lend weight to your own belief.

Your use of the Laplace quote to corroborate that is wonderful since if you
actually read it Laplace specifically mentions "the PRESENT STATE of the
universe" indicating that Laplace accepts a present moment like nearly
everyone on earth does. That's a direct REFUTATION of belief in block time
by Laplace himself!

So your quote actually proves the exact OPPOSITE of what you claim it does.

The fact that time is a 4th dimension does NOT either require or imply
block time. Everyone and everything is always at only ONE place in time
exactly the same as they are always at ONE place in space. That one place
is the present moment. True the past is a 4th dimension but we do NOT LIVE
in the past. We live in the present. We exist in the present, not in the
past nor the future.

That's the correct understanding of the 4-dimensional universe and I'm
pretty sure both Newton and Einstein understood this....

Block time requires that everything is at MULTIPLE points in time from when
its created to when it vanishes.

Relativity does NOT require nor imply block time. In fact when the fact
that everything continually travels through spacetime at the speed of light
is taken into account relativity FALSIFIES block time because that requires
everything to be at one and only one position in time, and that means that
there is a present moment for everything. And this is directly confirmable
through observation, the exact same kind and status of observation that all
science is based upon.

It really couldn't be any simpler...

Edgar