Craig,

I also suspect Bruno's math skills are superior to mine, but his
understanding of the place of math in reality seems pretty deficient, or
perhaps just rigid.

As I've pointed out his 8 steps may well be mathematically consistent but
that doesn't mean they have anything to do with the fundamental structure
of reality at all. To meaningfully apply a purely mathematical or logical
proof to reality, one must establish an actual correspondence of the
variables in the proof to actual variables of reality. I don't see Bruno
doing that at all.

There is no way that anything happens in his static Platonia. And there is
no method of selecting the structure of our actual universe from what is
apparently his all possible universes.

He told us his theory doesn't predict the fine tuning, as this type of
theory must, because the fine tuning is not important in hi view.

Your abacus example is A Propos to the points in my post.

The important insight  in my post is that all R-bits, that make up all the
information that constitutes the current state of the universe, are
identical.

It is the RELATIONSHIPS of these R-bits, not the R-bits themselves that
give us the H-numbers used in H-math. This is obvious from a proper
understanding of binary numbers in particular, in which it is the bits that
are clearly elemental, and all numbers are relationships of a single type
of bit, rather than being elemental in themselves.

H-math (and Bruno) assumes that these individual numbers are what is
elemental and actually real and extant in reality. That there is some
elemental thing called prime number 17 that is an actual fixed unalterable
component of fundamental reality. I don't see anyway that makes sense, or
is necessary. it confuses understanding of actual reality...

What actually exists fundamentally, it seems to me, is a finite number of
identical R-bits, rather than H-math numbers.

It is unclear to what extent the R-math that actually computes reality in
terms of these R-bits, needs any concepts like H-numbers, but to the extent
it does, these are relationships, part of R-math, rather than elemental
R-numbers themselves.

R-numbers are just the set of all identical R-bits among which R-math can
define the (small?) set of relationships it needs to compute actual reality.

It is in this sense that I stated that all actual R-numbers are all just
the identical R-bits which are just related and computed into all the
information that constitutes the universe.

in this sense then everything can be said to be composed of numbers=bits,
and only of numbers=bits. Or more properly of numbers=bits and their
relationships.

Edgar