> Hi Quentin
>
> >> I do not, valid critics are valid,
>
> By definition mate.
>
> >> but when you point to someone the inconsistency in his argument and
> that he maintains for years the same invalid argument that means that
> person does not want to argue, he wants to defend a position at all costs,
> that's evil.
>
> This is what I mean by emotional arm waving. I can honestly think of
> things that are more evil and I suppose, from Clark's point of view, hes
> been pointing out the inconsistencies in Bruno's argument for two years
> too. Does that make Bruno evil???
>
> In a later post you try to rebut Clark :

> is because however many copies of "I" or "you" there may or may not be they
> will never meet.
>

> >>That changes absolutely nothing... just put the reconstruction of the W
> guy 200 years later than the M guy, they will never meet...
>
> But if you can send the W guy skipping through time, you can send the M
> guy skipping through time too.

Not if you follow the protocol,  if you reconstruct the W guy 200 years
later and the protocol is strictly followed, they'll never meet and that's
all what's needed to proceed to this objection... that's all, and the fact
that they could meet or not change absolutely nothing.

> So they could potentially meet.

The potential meeting changes nothing... the feeling to be yourself does
not depend on the possibility to meet a doppelganger... it's utterly absurd
to claim otherwise.

Quentin

> In MWI 'copies' can not potentially meet. If this is your attempt to point
> out an inconsistency its dismissively lazy and fails triumphantly.
>
> In my opinion your beef is impotent anyhow. The most you'd ever show was
> that Clark applied his argument inconsistently, you certainly wouldn't show
> that he was wrong about Bruno's metaphysics.
>
> all the best
>
> Chris.
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:39:21 +1300
>
> Subject: Re: Suicide Words God and Ideas
> From: lizj...@gmail.com
> To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
>

> On 14 February 2014 08:56, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> So no matter what is refuted we can save comp by saying that it is true
> but at a lower level and what we have observed that appears to refute comp
> is a dream or simulation at a higher level.
>

> If this is true, comp isn't a scientific theory.
>

> Of course the converse of this is that no matter what we observe then it
> cannot confirm comp.
>
> This is true of any scientific theory (if comp is one, therefore, also
> true of comp).

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)