On 14 Feb 2014, at 22:35, meekerdb wrote:

On 2/14/2014 11:05 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 14 Feb 2014, at 04:19, Russell Standish wrote:

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 06:07:00PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 13 Feb 2014, at 16:40, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

On 13 Feb 2014, at 12:36, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

hence F=ma cannot be universaly true if comp is true.

Even F=m*a cannot be universal as I've shown,

It might be. I think it is (I mean the Feynman generalisation, which
is already close to comp-physics, but that's out of the topic).

The computation interfere below the substitution level, but the
artificial simulation with F≠ma, bring an artificial physics, which
does not result from the interference below the subst. level.

If qZ1* proves F=ma, and if my environment does not obeys F=ma, it
will looks "dreamy" to me, I will see that I am not in a real (comp)
physical reality, I will see the discrepancy.

F=ma is more of a definition actually, than a logical constraint. It
is how we define (and operationally measure) "force".

No problem with that, and that is why a answered with F = KmM/r^2, but that was not much relevant.

If you have a copy of Vic Stenger's "Comprehensible Cosmos", he
discusses this from page 48.

No problem. I appreciate the argument.
I read it online, and it was taught by some physicists.

Actually, the correct relativistic form is F=dp/dt, where p is the 3
momentum of the object under consideration. F=ma is its low velocity
approximation.

Sure. Even F = dp/dt is a classical approximation deducible from Feynman integral.

So I would be surprised if COMP fails to prove Newton's second law -
it would mean someone was using terminology inconsistently.

F= ma is like H phi = E phi. All is in F, or H. Those equality should be laws indeed, and deducible from deeper laws. It might be more doubtful for F or H, except that the Turing universality of the vacuum suggest some "H = 0", à-la Dewitt-Wheeler. But we are not yet there ..

But this seems to point to a deeper problem. If we elaborate H and E as operators and psi as a ray in a Hilbert space and if we further define the Hilbert space, we will still have a symbolic expression which we can related ostensively to some apparatus. But we will never get down to an arithmetical computation.

That would not make sense. In the (comp) physical reality, we can only get down physically, on something physical. Comp does not make matter into something made of number or computations. it is only a point of view, or an internal angle of arithmetic seen from inside. If we get H psi = E psi, we will have the same ostensive relation with apparatus in comp.