Jesse,

The only thing we are interested in is whether A and B THEMSELVES can
establish an UN-ambiguous 1:1 correlation of their actual ages. At this
point we don't care about any other observers or how they may view this.

In the symmetric case we merely take the common point of departure and
meeting as the origin of a coordinate system oriented so that the trips are
symmetric.

You may point out that we could choose another coordinate system in which
the trips were not symmetric. Sure but we can ENSURE an absolute frame
independent notion of symmetry by having the twins undergo exactly equal
accelerations and gravitational encounters so we want to choose a
coordinate system that reflects that symmetry since that symmetry is real
and actual just as the ages are real and actual.

That's the coordinate system whose origin is at the stationary departure
and meeting point in space and oriented so the trips are symmetrical, their
worldlines are mirror images.

In this case the twins can establish an UN-ambiguous 1:1 correlation of
actual ages throughout the trip because they know that they both underwent
exactly equivalent accelerations and gravitational encounters and thus
their actual ages progressed in synch during the entire trip.  The choice
of coordinate system must reflect these real actual physical facts. When we
do that there will be an UN-ambiguous 1:1 correlation of actual ages
throughout the trip.

So we must choose a coordinate system that properly reflects the real
actual accelerations and gravitational encounters being symmetric.

Can you agree to this at least?

And if you are an objective participant it would be fair if you find some
some quibble or poor or ambiguous wording on my part to just tell us how to
correct it to make the example work in expressing what I'm sure you know
what i want to get at, instead of embarking on another unnecessary tangent.

In other words if you are truly interested in determining IF an
UN-ambiguous 1:1 correlation of actual ages between any two observers that
those two observers THEMSELVES can agree to is possible and in what cases,
then you should first assume it might be possible and try to come up with
the best examples you can to prove it instead of just picking away at
terminological ambiguities. That's how fair objective persons usually
evaluate new theories.

Edgar