Jesse,

Of course there is a rational justification for selecting one frame over
another in many cases. All frames are NOT equal when it comes to
representing ACTUAL physical facts.

E.g. we can choose various frames to make someone's age pretty much any
number we like but nevertheless they are still actually the age they think
they are. If Alice is really 30 we can choose a frame in which she is all
sorts of different ages but she is still actually 30. Different VIEWS of
her age don't change her actual age. Isn't that obvious, and don't you
agree with this?

Your expertise in relativity is clear but you don't seem to understand that
all frames are NOT equal when it comes to representing actual physical
fact. You don't understand the fundamental notion in relativity that some
frames represent actual physical fact, but others represent only HOW OTHER
OBSERVERS VIEW those physical facts.

This is quite obvious from the age example above, but it also applies to
the actual relationship BETWEEN TWINS in my examples. The relationship
between twins is exactly that, it is a RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ONLY THOSE
TWINS. Of course you can come up with frames in which that relationship is
VIEWED differently, but that DOES NOT CHANGE the actual relationship
between the twins TO THEMSELVES which is what my theory is based on because
that is the ACTUAL REALITY of that physical situation. It is not just some
arbitrary VIEW of that reality, it is the REALITY ITSELF. My theory
recognizes the need to concentrate on actual physical fact as opposed to
VIEWS of physical facts.

There is a simple CRITERION to determine whether we are talking about
PHYSICAL FACT or a VIEW of a physical fact. If the parties TO THE FACT
AGREE on their views of the fact then that agreed view probably represents
the actual physical fact. If they DO NOT agree then this disagreement
represents VIEWS of physical facts rather than the FACTS THEMSELVES. I can
perhaps think of a few explainable exceptions but this is the generally
applicable criterion.

For example the different ages of the twins when they meet is AGREED by
both twins. Thus it is a physical fact. But the different ages of twins in
relative motion is NOT AGREED by both twins. Thus those are VIEWS OF FACTS,
RATHER THAN THE FACTS THEMSELVES. An absolutely crucial distinction in
understanding what relativity is all about.

If we can agree on this obvious point, and that we CAN establish a 1:1
proper time correlation on this basis, then I look forward to considering
your example which you claim PROVES this 1:1 proper time correlation is not
transitive. I'm pretty sure it is transitive when properly understood but
am certainly willing to consider your 'proof'.

Edgar