Jesse,

Let me ask you one simple question.

In the symmetric case where the twins part and then meet up again with the
exact same real actual ages isn't it completely logical to conclude they
must also have been the exact same real actual ages all during the trip?

If, as you claim, the same exact proper accelerations do NOT result in the
exact same actual ages all during the trip then how in hell can the twins
actually have the exact same actual ages when they meet up?

What is the mysterious mechanism you propose that causes twins that do not
have the same actual ages during the trip to just happen to end up with the
exact same actual ages when they meet?

Edgar