From: Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 25, 2014 11:35 am
Subject: Re: Chaitin's Metabiology

On 24 Mar 2014, at 20:32, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

Is there anything in particle physics that emulates the processing capabilities
of computers, analog or digital? My question goes below Chaitin's metabiology.
Something that is a characteristic of physics.

Theoretically, you can emulate a universal computer with billiard balls, on an
infinite table. I think that classical physics needs three bodies to emulate a
universal machine. QM needs 0 bodies, as the quantum vacuum is already Turing
Universal, and even emulates "naturally" a universal quantum dovetailer (making
it into a possible comp measure winner).

Bruno