On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> A prescription of full speed ahead, burn it all up, as fast as we
> possibly can is a 100% guarantee of complete disastrous sudden onset
> collapse

So now you're claiming that even though computer climate models made
terrible 17 year predictions we know with complete certainty that those
same models make 100% absolutely perfect 100 year predictions. I have to
ask, how do you know this? Did that revelation come to you in a dream?

> > you live in a pretend world of make believe eternally available reserves
> of fossil energy.

Nothing is eternal including the sun, but there is enough Thorium just in
the Earth's crust to supply us with energy for about as long as the sun
shines.

> when these fossil energy reserves enter into inexorable decline - as in
> fact they are or will soon be.

So we're already in the era of inexorable fossil fuel production decline,
and yet oddly oil production in the USA is the highest it's been in 24
years and because it uses more advanced technology it now produces more oil
than Saudi Arabia. And given this inexorable decline it's also a bit odd
that in 2012 oil production increased in the USA by 760,000 barrels a day,
the largest yearly increase since records about oil production started in
1859. And it's even stranger that natural gas production in 2012 was THE
LARGEST IT HAS EVER BEEN. If that's inexorable decline I'm all for it.

> > Fortunately wiser people than yourself are advocating that we begin to
> transition away from these fossil supplies

These wiser people (environmentalists) are indeed in favor of a transition
away from fossil fuel and nuclear energy, but they are also strongly
against  a transition TOWARD anything to replace it. Anything with the
capacity to replace these missing energy sources would of necessity have to
be large, and they could not remain theoretical but would actually have to
be built. And renewable or non-renewable these "wiser people" are rabidly
against any energy source that is larger than a tiny pilot plant, and some
think even that is too big and all future energy sources should remain
strictly on paper till the end of time.

 > Those, who continue to delude themselves, with this absurd notion that
> fossil energy will always be available (or at least will be available for a
> very long period of time - more than a hundred years say) are deluded fools

In a time of fast technological advancement such as ours making great
sacrifices now to solve problems that you think might become serious more
than about 15 years in the future is just dumb; it would be like demanding
that the Wright brothers solve the problem of airport congestion before
they finished construction of their first airplane.

>I am calling the "brilliant" John Clark... a (pompous) fool... a self-deluded
> idiot, living in a mind infected by magical thinking.

It doesn't matter if John Clark is a pompous self deluded infected idiot
(and a fool too!) if what John Clark said in the above is true. And it is.

 Yours truly,

John K Clark