On 4/6/2014 7:33 PM, LizR wrote:
I'm not sure what I did wrong that led to this thread being immediately hijacked by religion - surely the possibility of crows exhibiting a similar type of intelligence to humans (albeit in a lesser degree) is a more interesting subject than some ideas people made up millennia ago in an attempt to explain a universe they had no comprehension of?

Careful - you may be insulting Plotinus or Plato.  :-)

Just in case anyone's interested, this was the article.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/06/060606-crows_2.html

I'm sure my friend here likes it!

Inline images 1

I remember in the '60s there was an experiment that showed crows could count to five but probably not seven. Experimenters put out corn to attract a flock of crows to a blind. Then X number of men would walk out into the blind, which of course scared the crows and caused them to fly up into the trees. Then the men would leave one-at-a-time. If X was five or fewer, then the last man left the crows would come back down and start eating the corn again. If X was six or higher they sometimes lost count.