Yes it seems like we can 'count" something like 5 objects without thinking
(e.g. I think we can remember about five digits at a time without effort),
and this apaprently isn't anything special to humans.

However, some plants only flower every 13 or 17 (or another prime number)
of years!

So plants can count higher than animals.

:-)