On Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:15:34 AM UTC+1, Brent wrote:

>  On 4/26/2014 1:43 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
> In the arithmetical reality there are two kinds of place we can access,
> those where we keep our memories, and those where we don't. Both are
> infinite in numbers, but have different relative measure.
> Apparently (salvia reports) we can abandon all memories, and then retrieve
> them. How can we be sure we retrieve the correct one?
>

> Suppose you retrieved the wrong ones, say mine.  You would presumably
> feel, "I remember racing motorcycles, but that's not the sort of thing I'd
> like to do.  I'm not even sure I know how to do it."  This is probably the
> feeling of people who have multiple personalities when they are able to
> remember what they did when their other personality was in charge.
>
> Notice that this is a reason to consider the material body more
> fundamental than consciousness.
>
> Brent

It might not be relevant but recovered memory syndrome was thrown out a
long time ago, multiple personalities also.

MP didn't do a lot of harm, but recovered memories left human wreckage
wherever it went. It was largely debunked due to suggestion by the
therapist, which broke down in two ways - basically unrealised, and
deliberate...which was  probably a criminal offense but I forget. The
legacy of the fraudulent side is nothing but human wreckage., But the
legacy of the other side had a part in some really far reaching research
developments that has seen major revisions of things like, techniques
police interrogators are allowed to use, value of a confession
without independent evidence, and so on. Disclaimer: I'm going from
memory and there is a possibility I make a mistake in making this
connection. But I think I'm right. I'm right about the two deelopements
either end,