On Sun, May 11, 2014  John Ross <jr...@trexenterprises.com> wrote:

>  I concluded that the basic charged particle had to be a point particle,
> otherwise according to Coulomb’s Law it would blow itself apart.

The nucleus of a gold atom is certainly NOT a point particle and it has a
electrical charge 79 times that of a electron, and yet it doesn't blow
itself apart because there is another force 100 times stronger than
electromagnetism holding it together.

 >  I discovered that two point particles with opposite charges traveling
> in a perfect circle

A perfect circle? Quantum Mechanics says nothing moves in a perfect circle
or a perfect anything, so I guess you've abandoned Quantum Mechanics too
along with nearly everything else physicists have discovered over the last
few centuries.

> at pi/2 times the speed of light

Obviously this violates Einsteins Theory of Relativity but it's even worse
than that. Classical electromagnetic theory says that any accelerating
charge radiates energy in the form of electromagnetic waves, and things
moving in a circles undergo constant acceleration, so your orbiting
"tronnies" should spiral inward and crash together in far less than a
nanosecond. Why don't they? Quantum Mechanics has ways to avoid this
problem, in fact it was first developed for the specific purpose of
figuring out why the orbiting electrons of atoms don't crash into the
nucleus; but you don't believe in Quantum Mechanics so how do you solve
this paradox?

> >When you integrate Coulomb’s force around a circle, the r-squared in his
> equation reduces to r.

You keep talking about "Coulomb’s force" as if it's something fundamental,
but that is just simple electrostatics,  a small part of the much more
complex Electromagnetic Force. Did you even know that moving charges create
magnetic fields?

> I have offered to mail a copy several of you who have appeared to have an
> open mind regarding my theory.

OK let's review, your theory explains no experimental results that were
previously unexplained, your theory violates Quantum Mechanics, your theory
violates Special Relativity, your theory violates the Conservation of
Energy, your theory violates the Conservation of Momentum, your theory
violates the Conservation of Lepton number. And your theory even violates
classical physics. So what the hell good is it?

Yes it's good to have an open mind, but not so open all your brains fall
out.

  John K Clark